Registration will open soon. If you would like to be notified when registration opens, please complete the early notification form.
Linear ESF Session*
September 14–16, 2018
A unique opportunity to join some of the most experienced surgeons and teachers anywhere for an intensive 2.5-day orthopedic surgery course, including 6 lab sessions. This course is a comprehensive forum in which skills in orthopedics and external skeletal fixation can be developed and refined. While centered around external skeletal fixation, key principles relevant to all fracture treatment modalities are covered in depth; highly recommended for any veterinarian who desires to improve their fracture repair capabilities. You will leave comfortable using a fracture patient assessment scoring system to drive your pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative decisions. This integrated approach is beneficial to surgeons of all experience levels.
Participants come from a wide variety of skill and experience backgrounds and include veterinary students, general practitioners, surgical residents and even boarded surgeons. Regardless of background, all participants rate the course as being highly beneficial.
Everyone is encouraged to learn at their own pace in an informal and interactive atmosphere.
- Understand key concepts to achieve consistent and predictable success with external fixation
- Learn to apply a systematic process of pre-, intra-, and post-operative fracture treatment planning
- Develop confidence with proper surgical techniques for bone-specific application
- Gain powerful insight to economically expand your fracture treatment capabilities
Hybrid ESF Session (optional)†
September 16–17, 2018
An advanced course, split into two half-days, integrates selected circular and linear ESF components to construct hybrid frames for treatment of difficult to manage juxta-articular fractures.
Attendance is limited to 26 participants to ensure a quality experience for everyone enrolled.
Everyone is encouraged to learn at their own pace in a challenging and interactive atmosphere.
- Develop the skill and experience required to treat problematic juxta-articular fractures using hybrid ESF
- Learn to utilize basic and advanced hybrid ESF frames to manage fractures and joint injuries
* Can be taken independently or in conjunction with the hybrid ESF session
† Prior or concurrent enrollment in the linear ESF session is required to enroll in the hybrid ESF session